Thursday, March 31, 2011

DIY - Pomander Flower Balls



I got this fabulous idea from the Pizzazzerie blog.  I just adored it and knew immediately that I had to do it myself.

Here is what I started with


I decided to utilize these already on my mantel - here is the before look


And the after (a close up is at the top of this post)


My mantel so far with the flower balls and bunny garland.  It's a work in progress.  I still have a few more Spring items up my sleeve that I hope to add to my mantel over the coming weeks.


Thanks for reading! If you want to try these - I bought 5 pieces of glitter paper for mine and used almost 4.5 pieces.  About 1.5 pieces per ball.  I easily made these while watching TV, it was easy just time consuming.  I love the outcome and think it was well worth the time spent.

5 comments:

Gopi said...

sooo pretty...love the flower balls! Thanks for sharing...please visit my site when you have time :)

I actually have set up a blog surf on my page. Will help in getting followers for your site...hope you join :)

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Love it!! I would love to do one with butterflies, that would be so cute. They look fabulous.

HalfDozen said...

These turned out great!

Random Rants said...

How cute! I love these - very "Spring"!

The Single Nester said...

What a great mantle. I love that bunny garland. Did you cut those free hand? I can't imagine there being that big a punch.