Saturday, November 10, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Labels

I ordered some adorable chalkboard labels from a gal on Etsy with labeling my kitchen jars in mind.  Much to my dismay the labels were too large for the jars and bubbled and didn't allow me to use them.  Instead of ordering more and waiting around to receive them, I decided that I can just make my own!

I purchased some chalkboard vinyl from my local Hobby Lobby store for about $7.00 for a big roll.  I cut off a piece that was the size that I wanted to use and went through all of my Cricut cartridges looking for the right label design.  I found the perfect one on the Storybook cartridge which I used to make these 3" long labels.  I just LOVE how they turned out! ps: the jars were 50% off at Hobby Lobby right now too!


ps: my new FAVORITE find are chalkboard markers which write WAY better than chalk and can just be wiped off any chalkboard surface with a damp cloth or towel.

No comments: